Week of April 6, 2015 and end the Week of April 24, 2015
7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Monday - Friday
As promised, we will install a new slurry seal on Main Street, between Bond and Kilkare Road. This work is scheduled to begin during the week of April 6. It will take approximately three weeks to complete this work.
What to Expect:
· Work hours are 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. - Monday - Friday
· There will be no parking on Main Street during these times – to prepare the road, slurry seal, and allow the seal to properly cure before traffic can safely drive on it again.
· To avoid potential damage to your car from our operations, as well as potential towing a car left on Main Street, please obey the no parking signs.
· One lane of Main Street will remain open to traffic, but please allow extra time to pass through the area.
· The equipment and trucks related to this work will generate noise and dust.
o Crews will grind down the existing street striping to prepare the road for its new slurry seal. This will take an estimated one-two days for each side of the street starting on Monday, April 6, 2015.
o Slurry Seal Main Street Lane 1 (West Lane – on the Bosco’s and Railroad Café side of the street)
§ When the street is prepared for the slurry seal, crews will begin work on the West lane (Rail Road Café side) of Main Street.
§ Crews will slurry seal that side of the street starting at Kilkare Road and finish near Sunol Glen School at the end of the day.
o Slurry seal lane 2 (East Lane – on the same side of the street as the Post Office)
§ Crews will start at the south side of Main Street and move back towards the Kilkare Road intersection on the eastern lane of traffic.
§ Crews will be sure that cars can exit and enter the school for pick up and drop off times.
o Once the new slurry seal has properly dried, new street striping will be installed.
o Curing should take a week or so.
We will work with the school and businesses located on Main Street to minimize any impacts because of this work.
Thank you for your patience!As always, please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions, comments, or concerns.
24-hour Answering Line: (866) 973-1476