Town of Sunol Fire Suppression Project
Nighttime Water Shutdown
As part of the ongoing work on the water tanks on Tank Hill, we will take the tanks out of service at 10 p.m. on Wednesday, March 25 until 6 a.m. on Thursday, March 26. We will be connecting pipeline sections in order to bring the new tank into service.
What to Expect:
- We do not anticipate any interruption in water service to the majority of our customers during this shutdown.
- Some residences might experience low-water pressure during this time period.
- Water service should return to normal Thursday, March 26at 6 a.m.
Although the majority of the work in the last two months has focused on Tank Hill, there will be some activity resuming in the Town. Now that the hydrants are live, bollards are installed, and the sidewalk crosswalk in front of the SFPUC- owned corporation yard has been repaired, there are only a few construction activities that remain in the Town before this project is complete.
We will work with Alameda County and the contractor to repair any structural damage to the streets caused by construction.
Slurry Seal of Main Street
As promised, we will install a new slurry seal on Main Street, between Bond and Kilkare Road. This work is scheduled to begin during the week of April 6. It will take approximately three weeks to complete this work.
What to Expect:
· Work hours are 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. Please try to avoid the area during those times.
· There will be no parking on Main Street during this time, and NO Parking signs will be posted prior to the start of this work.
· Main Street will remain open to traffic, but please allow extra time to pass through the area.
· The equipment and trucks related to this work will generate noise.
Installation of the first of the two new replacement tanks on Tank Hill continues. Once the first new water storage tank on Tank Hill is placed into service (Spring 2015), the remaining pair of old, smaller water tanks will be demolished, and construction will start on the second replacement tank. Construction on Tank Hill will continue through summer of 2015.
Thank you for your patience!
As always, please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions, comments, or concerns.
24-hour Answering Line: (866) 973-1476
Visit our blog sfwater.org/sunolvalley for additional information.