Construction Update- Sept. 4, 2014
Pipe main installation has been completed on Main St., Bond St., Foothill, and Kilkare Roads. Additional digging will take place when the fire hydrants are installed. What is next for this project?
*During the week of September 8, we anticipate starting the jack and bore work underneath the Union Pacific Railroad on Main Street. This crossing should be complete in approximately three weeks.
* The crossing underneath the Alameda County Railway at the intersection of Foothill Road, Kilkare Road and Main Street should begin at the end of September or early October.
What to Expect during Jack and Bore Work
* Crews will dig a deep pit on both sides of the railroad, and they will insert pipe from the driving pit near the Antique Store to the receiving pit in front of the Post Office Driveway.
* Main Street will be reduced to one-lane traffic at the railroad crossing. We appreciate your patience with the expected traffic delays in the area.
* Access to the Sunol Post Office will be open at all times.
Pleasanton Sunol Road
* Work on Tank Hill will continue as crews construct the foundations for the new tanks and construct new pipe connections up the hill.
* We will lay pipe cross Pleasanton Sunol Road during the evening of Thursday, September 5, starting at approximately 8:00 p.m. through 5:00 a.m. on Friday, September 6. Traffic will be one-lane through this area during this time.
Crews will lay pipe across the bridges at Sinbad Creek on Bond Street towards the end of September followed by the bridge on Foothill Road and Kilkare Road.
Hydrants will be installed at the marked locations as the contractor’s schedule allows.