Kilkare Road, here we come!
Construction has begun to improve the water distribution system and fire hydrants in the Town of Sunol. The project includes constructing two miles of new pipelines on County roads, installation of approximately 26 new fire hydrants, and replacing the existing water tanks that serve the Town of Sunol.
Here’s an update, hot off the presses as of August 8, 2014
- What we’ve completed to date: Construction Crews have installed new pipeline on Main Street, Bond Street, Foothill Road West and East of Kilkare Road, and at Sunol Glen School. Hydrant locations have also been staked in these areas as well.
- What’s next: Starting the week of August 11, 2014, our crews will next start pipeline installation on Kilkare Road, starting at the intersection with Foothill Road, and moving all the way up to the ‘600 block’ of Kilkare Road. Pipeline installation on Kilkare should be completed by Labor Day.
- Hydrant Installation: Hydrants will be installed at marked locations during this time period as the contractor’s schedule allows.
What will come after that? Construction Look-ahead for September 2014:
- Jack and Bore Crossing underneath Alameda County Railway at the intersection of Main Street, Kilkare Road, and Foothill Road.
- Jack and Bore Crossing underneath Union Pacific Railroad on Main Street is scheduled to start at the end of September.
What to Expect during Construction:
- One-lane traffic through construction zones during work hours. This will cause some delays, so please plan ahead.
- Work Hours: 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Limited Work on Saturdays for a small crew to install hydrants.
- Night work will be necessary during pipeline/tank shutdowns. We will minimize noise.
- Access to private driveways and around streets will be available at all times.
Stay in Touch:
24-hour Answering Line:
Visit our blog sfwater.org/sunolvalley
Thank you so much for your patience and kind consideration during construction!