Wednesday, May 1, 2013
Construction Work Starts This Week for Bridge Replacement Project inside Sunol Ohlone Regional Wilderness Park
The SFPUC is constructing a new bridge to replace the existing unreliable Geary Road Bridge with a new concrete and steel bridge. The new bridge will protect Alameda Creek at this location by eliminating the need for vehicles to drive through Alameda Creek at the low-water crossing. The area will be restored after construction.
The project area is located inside the Sunol Ohlone Regional Wilderness Park, just south of Leyden Flats before it connects to McCorkle Trail and Camp Ohlone Road, where it crosses Alameda Creek. (See map below).
When: May 1, 2013 through December 31, 2013
What to Expect:
• The area will be closed to the public during construction, Monday through Friday, for safety reasons.
• Park users should use the Canyon View Trail footbridge to cross Alameda Creek. Please pay attention to posted trail closure signs!
• The area will be open to park users on Saturdays, Sundays and holidays. Please proceed with caution.
• Monday – Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
• No work on weekends or holidays
For additional questions or concerns, call our 24 hour toll-free line at (866) 973-1476 or visit www.sfwater.org/sunolvalley.
Posted by WSIP at 9:47 AM